All Members and Guests of Hastings Conquerors American Football Club will:
– Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of American Football
– Treat everyone equally and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief
– Not condone, or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed
– Display high standards of behaviour and act in a way as to not bring the reputation of the club into disrepute during training, matches, social events, away trips, when using the clubs website, social media platforms and official club web forums. Acting as an ambassador of the club and of the town of Hastings.
– Promote the positive aspects of American Football e.g. fair play
– Encourage all participants to learn the Laws and rules and play within them, respecting the decisions of match officials
– Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and arguing with match officials
– Recognise good performance not just match results
– Place the well-being and safety of Young People above the development of performance
– Ensure that activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual
– Respect Young People’s opinions when making decisions about their participation in American Football
– Not smoke, drink or use banned substances whilst actively working with Young People in the Club.
– Not provide Young People with alcohol when they are under the care of the Club
– Report any concerns in relation to a Young Person, following reporting procedures laid down by BAFA.
All players will adhere to the kit rental policy which is laid out by the club, which is listed on the kit rental form.
- -The basis of this is that the kit remains property of the club at all time,
- -All club kit is, under no circumstances to be used outside of Hastings Conquerors official sanctioned events (if in doubt, ask a committee member)
- -All rental payments must be kept up to date.
- -Any damage must be reported to a committee member as soon as the damage is discovered.
- -Failure to meet ALL these criteria will result in the kit being removed and the possibility of disciplinary procedures – taking place
In addition to the above, all Club Officers and Appointed Volunteers will:
– Hold relevant qualifications and be covered by appropriate insurance
– Always work in an open environment (i.e. avoid private or unobserved situations and encourage an open environment)
– Inform Players and Parents of the requirements of American Football
The Club reserve the right to take disciplinary action over any player, volunteer, coach, parent, official or spectator who fails to adhere to the above code of conduct. Disciplinary action could result in a ban from the club.
These rules are put in place to protect the club, its players and everyone else involved with it.
Date Adopted: November 2013